Thu, May 11|
Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover
Master Mediator's Forum / May 11, 2023 / Birmingham, AL
Save $100. Expires TODAY! When the course sells out, we will begin a wait-list in the event of cancellations. If you prefer to register by phone, call 800-237-3476 or 214-901-5888.
Time & Location
May 11, 2023, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM CDT
Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, 2980 John Hawkins Pkwy, Hoover, AL 35244, USA
About the Event
Seating in this course is strictly limited to 20 participants. This is the ONLY time this forum will be offered in Alabama in 2023. You must meet the registration criteria listed below in order to register for this program. If you have a question about the registration requirements, please email troysmith [at] mediationCLE.com. When the course sells out, we will begin a wait-list in the event of cancellations.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM The 2023 MASTER MEDIATOR'S FORUM will bring together a select group of highly experienced mediators, judges and attorneys in a one-of-a-kind learning environment where we will explore advanced mediation topics and techniques in an interactive, fast-paced and fun (yes, fun!) "structured discussion" format. Participants will have opportunities throughout the course to learn from other highly qualified and experienced mediators and litigators -- and share their own ideas with their colleagues. Attendees will be eligible for 6 hours of CLE credit, including 1 ethics hour. See course highlights below for more information on what we will cover.
REGISTRATION CRITERIA While anyone (regardless of experience) is welcome to register for other programs sponsored by Mediation CLE, Inc., the 2023 Master Mediator's Forum is ONLY open to individuals who meet AT LEAST ONE of the following registration criteria:
- Registrant has served as a paid mediator in at least 25 cases; OR
- Registrant has served as a volunteer/unpaid mediator in at least 40 cases; OR
- Registrant has particpated as an advocate/representative in at least 50 cases; OR
- Registrant is a current or former judge who has completed 20-hour or 40-hour mediation training and has started a mediation practice (or will be starting a mediation practice within 6 months); OR
- Registrant is serving (or has served in the past 2 years) in a leadership capacity on a state or local bar mediation or ADR committee or as a member of the Alabama Supreme Court Commission on Dispute Resolution; OR
- Registrant has purchased the Unlimited Seminar Pass from Mediation CLE, Inc.; OR
- Registrant has been personally invited by the course facilitator (Troy Smith) to attend the program.
NOTE: Registrants must meet AT LEAST ONE of the above criteria, NOT all of the criteria.
Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover
2980 John Hawkins Parkway, Hoover, Alabama, United States, 35244
SCHEDULE 8:30-4:00 PM Check-in begins at 8:15 am.
Each year, the Master Mediator's Forum is updated with new and current content -- which is why many attend the Forum each time it is offered. This year's forum will focus on new and updated topics, including:
- Reaching Resolution: ADVANCED Techniques for Overcoming Impasse Excellent training, years of experience and a great professional reputation won't do a mediator any good if he or she can't "close the deal" in mediation. Mediation consumers hire mediators who can help parties settle their case. This segment will give you no less than 7 advanced techniques for overcoming impasse in mediation. We'll apply impasse-breaking techniques to real-life cases and find new ways to help parties reach resolution.
- Update on Case Law, Ethics Opinions, Research and Other Recent Developments in Alabama and the US Recent cases and new research are changing the practice of mediation. We'll look at new developments and discuss how these changes will impact your mediation practice.
- New Revenue Streams for Mediators Several brand-new and existing mediation programs are operating throughout Alabama (and nationwide) which can provide mediators with additional revenue streams. This segment will examine some of these opportunities.
- What do Successful Mediation Practices in Other States Look Like? We will examine the mediation practices and marketing strategies of several high-volume -- and highly successful -- mediators in OTHER jurisdictions to see what practices you might be able to impliment to make your practice more successful and more profitable!
- Much, much more! Although the content of the Master Mediator's Forum is excellent, much of the value of this program comes in being able to meet with and discuss these and other topics will highly experienced colleagues! The open discussion format of the forum will allow you to ask and answer questions and get feedback from the course faciliator and other mediators on topics of interest to YOU!
NOTE: Seating in this course is strictly limited. It has sold out EVERY time we've offered it! (One time is sold out in 24 hours!) Register early to confirm a seat in the course. When the course sells out, we will begin a wait-list in the event of cancellations. If you prefer to register by phone, call 800-237-3476 or 214-901-5888.
CLE and OTHER PROFESSIONAL CREDIT
This course is approved for 6 hours of CLE credit (including 1 ethics hour) in Alabama. We will report your attendance immediately after the seminar has concluded.
Do you need CLE credit in another state? Our mediation seminars have been CLE-approved since 1995 in every state in which the courses have been offered. Course participants have also received CLE credit in their home states after attending one of our training programs out-of-state. Our courses have never been denied CLE approval in any jurisdiction in which we've applied. If you have questions about CLE status in your state, contact us at registration@mediationCLE.com.
Are you seeking continuing education credit for another profession? Let us know how we can help you get credit in your profession for attending one of our mediation training courses. We will work with you to apply to the appropriate organization to have our course approved by your professional credentialing agency for your benefit. Contact us at registration@mediationCLE.com.
YOUR SATISFACTION IS ABSOLUTELY 100% GUARANTEED
Our seminars have a long history of success! We've been training mediators in Alabama for over 25 years! We are so confident that you will gain the skills you need to become an exceptionally effective mediator at our seminars that we make this promise: If, after completing a training program, you are not satisfied with the seminar content or presentation by the instructor, simply return your training materials to the seminar leader on the final day of training and your enrollment fee will be refunded! No problem, period! We know of no other mediation training organization that offers this type of money-back guarantee on mediation training.
Troy Smith began mediating in 1992 and has been a mediation trainer for 30 years. Over 5000 mediators, attorneys, and judges have completed Troy's training programs nationwide. Troy began offering one of Alabama's first mediation training courses in 1995. And he has trained over 3000 mediators, attorneys and judges in Alabama. In fact, over 82% of the Registered Mediators in Alabama have completed training with Troy. Come find out why Troy Smith's training programs have been the most popular mediation training seminars in Alabama and beyond for three decades!
SEMINAR REGISTRATION TRANSFER and CANCELLATION POLICY
Full Refund. Your seminar fee is fully refundable if you cancel your registration 21 or more days prior to the first day of the seminar, less a $50 administrative fee. All cancellations must be received in writing or via email.
Reschedule Anytime. If you must reschedule your attendance at a seminar -- even at the last minute -- you may transfer your registration without additional cost to another equally priced seminar within 24 months of the date of your original program. All reschedule requests must be in writing and received prior to the start of the seminar. (No-shows will not be eligible to reschedule).
Substitutions. If you are unable to attend a seminar for which you have registered, you may send a substitute in your place. If you need to send a substitute, we ask that you notify us at least 1 day in advance of your seminar, if possible.
Event Cancellation. In the highly unlikely event that Mediation CLE, Inc. must cancel or reschedule a program for which you are registered for any reason, we will refund your registration fees or transfer your registration to another program, whichever you choose.
For online registrations, payment by credit or debit card is due at the time of registration. If you prefer to register with a credit or debit card by phone, call 214-901-5888.
If you have questions not answered here, email registration@mediationCLE.com and we will be happy to assist you. Or, call us at (214) 901-5888.
- Ticket type
Save $100 -- TODAY ONLY!
Discount expires TODAY! If you prefer to register by phone, please call 800-237-3476 or 214-901-5888. Thank you.Price$299.00
- Ticket type
If you prefer to register by phone, please call 800-237-3476 or 214-901-5888. Thank you.Price$399.00