Fri, May 12|
Train-the-Mediation-Trainer Course / Online Only
The Train-the-Mediation-Trainer Seminar is a one-of-a-kind experience for new and experienced mediation trainers. This program will teach you how to develop, market and present mediation training seminars AND speaking engagements.
Time & Location
May 12, 8:30 AM
About the Event
The online, on-demand format of this program means you can complete the training at your convenience on any device. It will include a total of 16 modules, plus bonus content, covering all of the essential information. If you prefer to register by phone, call 800-237-3476 or 214-901-5888.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Teaching Mediation: The Train-the-Mediation-Trainer Course is a comprehensive, innovative, one-of-a-kind experience for new and experienced mediation trainers and instructors. We have updated the seminar for 2023! This 12-hour program will teach you how to develop, market and present mediation training seminars AND how to use speaking engagements to promote your mediation business. The workshop is ideal for just-getting-started mediation trainers and for experienced trainers looking for new ideas. The material covered here will help you if you train mediators in ANY of the following areas -- For-profit commercial, business or divorce mediators; Court annexed, registered or certified mediators; Community or volunteer mediators; Graduate or undergraduate students in an academic setting; Public sector/government mediators. You'll leave this program with new ideas, new perspectives, and new resources for teaching mediation in any setting. Your mediation training will never be the same. We guarantee it!
This program is also ideal for mediators who want to build their mediation business through speaking engagements. Establishing yourself as a subject matter expert in mediation can open doors and provide opportunities to market your mediation services and will enable you to reach potential mediation clients in a variety of settings. We will walk you through the process of developing content, booking and marketing speaking engagements (including all the logistics) and turning those speaking engagements into business for your mediation practice. Find out how speaking engagements can make you a more profitable mediator!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
There is no pre-requisite to participate. ANYONE interested in teaching mediation or speaking about mediation is welcome including new and experienced mediation trainers, mediators, lawyers, judges, counselors, therapists, HR professionals, educators, undergraduate and graduate students, law students, clergy, health care professionals, business executives, ombuds, and anyone interested in teaching mediation.
Online, On-Demand Modules will be released beginning May 31, 2023. You can complete them on your own time frame and will have access to the program for one year.
SEMINAR HIGHLIGHTS & COURSE CONTENT
The program and accompanying training materials for Teaching Mediation: The Train-the-Trainer Course make this workshop an incredibly comprehensive training experience. The program covers 3 essential areas:
- How to Teach
- What to Teach
- Success, Professionalism & Profitability
Here's a sample of what the course and materials will cover:
HOW TO TEACH:
- Adult Learning Principles Every Mediation Trainer Should Know
- Determining and Understanding Your Training Style (and How it Affects Your Ability to Train New Mediator)
- Utilizing Your Mediation Skills in the Classroom
- Ideas to Increase Participation
- Teaching Mediation Ethics
- Beyond PowerPoint and Flip Charts -- Use of Visual Aids and Technology
- Creative Ways to Keep Participants Involved in Learning
- Using Games to Teach Mediation Principles
- Instructional Design Principles Every Mediation Trainer Should Know
- Effective Use of Video in the Classroom
- Making Role Plays Effective, Meaningful and Fun
- Assessing Trainees Needs Before, During and After the Training
- Truths & Myths You Probably Believe About Training Adults
- How the Brain Works & What it Means for Trainers
- Presentation Skills for Mediation Trainers
- Motivating Adults to Learn
- Dealing with Difficult Participants
- Time Management for Mediation Trainers
- Training Traps -- And How to Avoid Them
- Overcoming Fear & Eliminating Obstacles to Effective Training
- Establishing Your Credibility With Any Audience
- Understanding the Life Cycle of a Training Group
- What SME's (Subject Matter Experts -- That's You!) Need to Know to Become Extraordinary Trainers
- Varying Your Method of Training Delivery to Maximize Effectiveness
WHAT TO TEACH:
- Deciding What Topics to Teach and How to Know That You Are Covering the Right Material
- Training Mediators for the Real World of Mediation
- Curriculum: When to Create It, When to Borrow It, and When to Steal It! (NOTE: Don't Ever, Ever Steal It!)
- Guidelines for Developing Your Course Content
- Resources, Resources and More Resources: An Overview of Available Videos, Books, Training Materials, Role Plays, Websites and More!
SUCCESS, PROFESSIONALISM and PROFITABILITY:
- Developing a Plan of Action to Bring Your Training to the Next Level
- Ethical Considerations for Mediation Trainers
- Resources for Mediation Trainers
- Qualities Every Mediation Trainer Must Develop to Succeed
- The Business and Finances of Mediation Training
- The Logistics of Mediation Training Checklists, Timelines and More Checklists
- Marketing a Mediation Training Program (To the Public or In-House)
- Mistakes I've Made -- So You Won't Have To!
- Developing "Partnerships" With Other Trainers
- Working With Co-Trainers and Assistant Trainers
- The Mediation Trainer's Continual Improvement Plan
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Your Training
- Solutions to Common Training Problems
- Topics Uniquely Applicable to Mediation Trainers
- Getting Course Approval by Regulatory Bodies (CLE, CME, ETC!)
This program covers virtually everything you will need to know to get started as a mediation trainer or to bring your mediation training to the next level. If you have questions about the course content, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLE and OTHER PROFESSIONAL CREDIT
This program is approved for CLE credit in Alabama. We will report your attendance immediately after the seminar has concluded. It also meets CME requirements in Florida and other jurisdictions.
Troy Smith began mediating in 1992 and has been a mediation trainer for nearly 30 years. Troy began offering one of the nation's earliest mediation training courses in 1995. He has trained over 3000 mediators, attorneys and judges in Alabama and 5000 nationwide. In fact, over 82% of the Registered Mediators in Alabama have completed training with Troy. Come find out why Troy Smith's training programs have been among the most popular mediation training seminars for nearly 30 years!
If you have questions not answered here, email registration@mediationCLE.com and we will be happy to assist you. Or, call us at (214) 901-5888.
Save $400 -- Expires Friday
Early Registration Discount. Save $400. Expires Friday. If you prefer to register by phone, please call 800-237-3476 or 214-901-5888. Thank you.
If you prefer to register by phone, please call 800-237-3476 or 214-901-5888. Thank you.