Train-the-Mediation-Trainer Seminar - Birmingham - June 18-20, 2020
Time & Location
About the Event
NOTE: Seating in this course is strictly limited. Register early to confirm seat(s) in the course. When the course sells out, we will begin a wait-list in the event of cancellations. If you prefer to register by phone, call 800-237-3476 or 214-901-5888.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Teaching Mediation: The Train-the-Mediation-Trainer Seminar is a comprehensive, innovative, one-of-a-kind experience for new and experienced mediation trainers and instructors. We have updated and EXPANDED the seminar for 2020! This 3-day (20 hour) program will teach you how to develop, market and present mediation training seminars AND how to use speaking engagements to promote your mediation business. The workshop is ideal for just-getting-started mediation trainers and for experienced trainers looking for new ideas. The material covered here will help you if you train mediators in ANY of the following areas -- For-profit commercial, business or divorce mediators; Court annexed, registered or certified mediators; Community or volunteer mediators; Graduate or undergraduate students in an academic setting; Public sector/government mediators. You'll leave this program with new ideas, new perspectives, and new resources for teaching mediation in any setting. Your mediation training will never be the same. We guarantee it!
This program is also ideal for mediators who want to build their mediation business through speaking engagements. Establishing yourself as a subject matter expert in mediation can open doors and provide opportunities to market your mediation services and will enable you to reach potential mediation clients in a variety of settings. We will walk you through the process of developing content, booking and marketing speaking engagements (including all the logistics) and turning those speaking engagements into business for your mediation practice. Come find out how speaking engagements can make you a more profitable mediator!
WHO CAN ATTEND
There is no pre-requisite to attend this seminar. ANYONE interested in teaching mediation or speaking about mediation is welcome to attend including new and experienced mediation trainers, mediators, lawyers, judges, counselors, therapists, HR professionals, educators, undergraduate and graduate students, law students, clergy, health care professionals, business executives, ombuds, and anyone interested in teaching mediation.
Day 1: 8:30 am -- 5:30 pm
Day 2: 8:30 am -- 5:30 pm
Day 3: 8:30 am -- 1:00 pm
Check in begins at 8:15 am on Day 1.
Lunch is on your own from 12:00 - 1:00 pm on Day 1 and Day 2.
Marriott Courtyard Hotel (Hoover, AL)
1824 Montgomery Highway South
Hoover, AL 35244
If you need a room at the hotel, call 205-988-5000 and ask for the Mediation CLE group rate.
SEMINAR HIGHLIGHTS & COURSE CONTENT
The course content and accompanying training materials for Teaching Mediation: The Train-the-Trainer Seminar make this workshop an incredibly comprehensive training experience. The program covers 3 essential areas:
- How to Teach
- What to Teach
- Success, Professionalism & Profitability
Here's a sample of what the course and materials will cover:
HOW TO TEACH:
- Adult Learning Principles Every Mediation Trainer Should Know
- Determining and Understanding Your Training Style (and How it Affects Your Ability to Train New Mediator)
- Utilizing Your Mediation Skills in the Classroom
- Ideas to Increase Participation
- Teaching Mediation Ethics
- Beyond PowerPoint and Flip Charts -- Use of Visual Aids and Technology
- Creative Ways to Keep Participants Involved in Learning
- Using Games to Teach Mediation Principles
- Instructional Design Principles Every Mediation Trainer Should Know
- Effective Use of Video in the Classroom
- Making Role Plays Effective, Meaningful and Fun
- Assessing Trainees Needs Before, During and After the Training
- Truths & Myths You Probably Believe About Training Adults
- How the Brain Works & What it Means for Trainers
- Presentation Skills for Mediation Trainers
- Motivating Adults to Learn
- Dealing with Difficult Participants
- Time Management for Mediation Trainers
- Training Traps -- And How to Avoid Them
- Overcoming Fear & Eliminating Obstacles to Effective Training
- Establishing Your Credibility With Any Audience
- Understanding the Life Cycle of a Training Group
- What SME's (Subject Matter Experts -- That's You!) Need to Know to Become Extraordinary Trainers
- Varying Your Method of Training Delivery to Maximize Effectiveness
WHAT TO TEACH:
- Deciding What Topics to Teach and How to Know That You Are Covering the Right Material
- Training Mediators for the Real World of Mediation
- Curriculum: When to Create It, When to Borrow It, and When to Steal It! (NOTE: Don't Ever, Ever Steal It!)
- Guidelines for Developing Your Course Content
- Resources, Resources and More Resources: An Overview of Available Videos, Books, Training Materials, Role Plays, Websites and More!
SUCCESS, PROFESSIONALISM and PROFITABILITY:
- Developing a Plan of Action to Bring Your Training to the Next Level
- Ethical Considerations for Mediation Trainers
- Resources for Mediation Trainers
- Qualities Every Mediation Trainer Must Develop to Succeed
- The Business and Finances of Mediation Training
- The Logistics of Mediation Training Checklists, Timelines and More Checklists
- Marketing a Mediation Training Program (To the Public or In-House)
- Mistakes I've Made -- So You Won't Have To!
- Developing "Partnerships" With Other Trainers
- Working With Co-Trainers and Assistant Trainers
- The Mediation Trainer's Continual Improvement Plan
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Your Training
- Solutions to Common Training Problems
- Topics Uniquely Applicable to Mediation Trainers
- Getting Course Approval by Regulatory Bodies (CLE, CME, ETC!)
This program covers virtually everything you will need to know to get started as a mediation trainer or to bring your mediation training to the next level. If you have questions about the course content, please email email@example.com.
A "TOTAL PACKAGE" MEDIATION TRAINING EXPERIENCE
For over 25 years, Mediation CLE, Inc. has been training mediators nationwide. We take pride in offering a "total package" training experience. We don't just want to "train" you -- we want to see you succeed! In addition to an outstanding in-depth training experience, your registration includes the following:
At the seminar:
- Comprehensive Training Workbook
- Supplemental Training Materials
- Forms, Checklists and Materials for Use in Your Training Events/Business
- Certificate of Completion
- Comprehensive Resource Guide for Mediation Trainers
- Post-Seminar Consultations
After the seminar:
Free post-seminar consultations with trainer: The lead trainer at your seminar will be available to you at no charge for post-seminar consultations by telephone or email anytime to answer questions or provide assistance as needed.
CLE and OTHER PROFESSIONAL CREDIT
This course is approved for 20 hours of CLE credit hours in Alabama. We will report your attendance immediately after the seminar has concluded. It also meets CME requirements in Florida.
YOUR SATISFACTION IS ABSOLUTELY 100% GUARANTEED
We have a long history of training success! We've been training mediators nationwide for over 25 years! Over 5000 participants have completed our seminars! We are so confident that you will gain the skills you need to become an exceptionally effective mediation speaker and trainer at this program that we make this promise: If, after completing a training program, you are not satisfied with the seminar content or presentation by the instructor, simply return your training materials to the seminar leader on the final day of training and your enrollment fee will be refunded! No problem, period! We know of no other mediation training organization that offers this type of money-back guarantee on mediation training.
Our training philosophy -- Minimal lecture; informative, engaging interaction! Those five words describe the practical, hands-on approach of our training programs. The small group setting of this program will ensure a comfortable, non-threatening learning environment with individual attention. Simulations, small and large group discussions, media presentations, and meaningful group exercises will enhance your learning experience. This will be a fun and challenging experience for all who attend.
Many participants who attend our program tell us: "This is unlike any other I've ever attended!" We take that as a compliment! (They also tell us, "This is the best I've ever attended!") Our innovative and creative approach to training will have you engaged in the course from the moment the program begins until the very end!
Nearly every training seminar we present sells out. Seating is limited. This small group experience will enable each attendee to receive individual attention. Register early so that you can get a seat in the course that is most convenient for you.
Troy Smith began mediating in 1992 and has been a mediation trainer for over 25 years. Troy began offering one of the nation's earliest mediation training courses in 1995. He has trained over 3000 mediators, attorneys and judges in Alabama and 5000 nationwide. In fact, over 82% of the Registered Mediators in Alabama have completed training with Troy. Come find out why Troy Smith's training programs have been among the most popular mediation training seminars for over 25 years!
SEMINAR REGISTRATION TRANSFER and CANCELLATION POLICY
Full Refund. Your seminar fee is fully refundable if you cancel your registration 21 or more days prior to the first day of the seminar, less a $50 administrative fee. All cancellations must be received in writing or via email.
Reschedule Anytime. If you must reschedule your attendance at a seminar -- even at the last minute -- you may transfer your registration without additional cost to another equally priced seminar within 24 months of the date of your original program. All reschedule requests must be in writing and received prior to the start of the seminar. (No-shows will not be eligible to reschedule).
Substitutions. If you are unable to attend a seminar for which you have registered, you may send a substitute in your place. If you need to send a substitute, we ask that you notify us at least 1 day in advance of your seminar, if possible.
Event Cancellation. In the highly unlikely event that Mediation CLE, Inc. must cancel or reschedule a program for which you are registered for any reason, we will refund your registration fees or transfer your registration to another program, whichever you choose.
For online registrations, payment by credit or debit card is due at the time of registration. If you prefer to register with a credit or debit card by phone, call 214-901-5888. If you would like to pay by check, please call 214-901-5888 to register by phone. We will hold your seat for 7 days awaiting payment. Unpaid registrations after 7 days will be cancelled.
Payment plans may be available for this seminar. Call 214-901-5888 for more information. Registration fee must be paid in full prior to the seminar.
If you have questions not answered here, email registration@mediationCLE.com and we will be happy to assist you. Or, call us at (214) 901-5888.